22 September, 2011
Leading wire and tube drawing lubricants specialist, METALUBE, has opened an office in Mumbai, India. METALUBE specialises in wire and tube drawing lubricants, working with wire, cabling and tubing manufacturers across the world. There headquarters are in Manchester, UK, where the site incorporates offices with warehousing, laboratories and manufacturing facilities. They are exporting to over 70 countries worldwide, including an operating business in Shanghai, China.
METALUBE has undergone significant changes in the last few months, with a recent management buy-in, introducing three new directors into the business. The new team has both commercial and technical experience within the lubricants industry and company founder David Lee continues as Managing Director.
David Lee says: “We have big ambitions for METALUBE and the opening of METALUBE India is just the beginning. The Indian operation currently offers marketing and technical services along with a product testing laboratory but we have plans to also manufacture lubricants from the Mumbai site. “He adds: “Our aim is to continue to provide the best possible products and services but to also expand our range and grow our client base worldwide.”
“This strategic move is part of METALUBE’s ongoing international expansion plan. India is viewed as a key market for the business and there is a need of quality product in this upcoming market. So we have decided to first aware our customers about the benefits of using the quality lubricants into their production process. We will work closely with the customers by analyzing their needs and supplying the product with accordance. With this we are hoping to capture good share in the Indian market.” said Mr. Douglas Hunt, Commercial Director, Metalube Ltd.
“The Indian operations will be lead by Mr. Amit Gupte who joins METALUBE from Savita Oil Technologies Pvt. Ltd. New distributors are also appointed such as Wirex Dies & Steel India Pvt Ltd, responsible for northern region, and Walson Industrial Supplies Pvt Ltd for the western region. WIREX and WALSON will now be fully responsible for all METALUBE’s Indian distribution”, added Mr. Albert Molloy.
METALUBE specialises in wire and tube drawing lubricants, working with wire, cabling and tubing manufacturers across the world. The headquarters are in Manchester, UK, where the site incorporates offices with warehousing, laboratories and manufacturing facilities.
• Cutting edge soluble wire drawing oil
• Designed for use in drawing non-ferrous wire
• Uses the latest synthetic and semi synthetic technologies in the product range
• Suitable for use with both Rod Breakdow, Fine Wire and Annealing Applications
• Approved by NEIHOFF, Germany and SAMP, Italy
• Neat oil designed for use in drawing aluminium and aluminium alloy
• Provides extended service life of the oil due to the use of bespoke chemistry
• Capable of drawing rod (9.5mm) down to fine wire (0.2mm)
• High tolerance of water ingress
• Lubricant specifically designed for use in drawing non-ferrous tubes used in the plumbing and ACR markets
• Synthetic and semi synthetic technology employed to meet the demanding specifications of the users
• Complete range of products with a variety of viscosities designed to meet low carbon residues
• Individual products designed for bespoke customer processes
• A comprehensive range of cold applied protective grease for overhead line conductors
• Fully compliant with all the latest international standards and specifications
• Products offer excellent protection against fretting, corrosion and high temperature oxidation.